28.10.08

Eee!

No, the hat I started for my dad is not finished (I'm was beginning to think it never WOULD be, the damn thing has 27 rounds of ribbing and each round is 102sts) but is getting there. I had a tense moment where I'd managed to get an accidental yarn over in there (thankfully, between the first and second stitches on a needle) and I fixed it ALL BY MYSELF. I thought I'd taken care of it and continued on, but when I came to that spot on the next round I'd managed to make a huge hole. and I fixed it ALL BY MYSELF. Omg. I'm so excited. I've never actually fixed a mistake like that without ripping a row or two, but I followed instructions on fixing a booboo several rows down and re-knitting upwards with a crochet hook, and it WORKED.

Seriously, I've never been so psyched about something as I am right now. Well, except when I finished my first sock last week. I am continuing to feel like I can do ANYTHING related to knitting and have it come out right. It's an awesome, awesome feeling.

No comments: