The great Christmas Knit has begun. I've picked out the projects I'll be doing- viking hat for sister1, lacy and lacier cowls for sister 2 and Mother, and if I can manage it, a set of crocheted lace snowflakes for sister3. Father and brothers-in-law 2&3 are a complete mystery. I'll have to ask my sisters about their husbands- perhaps fingerless gloves for BIL3, it's cold in Belgium and they don't have much heating... Niece gets a new bonnet and a stuffed animal of some sort if I can afford the yarn for it. BIL2 and Father will likely get something bought, I'm not sure. Sister1 and her boyfriend have decided no sibling gifts, so I'll give him a plate of cookies or something.
I'll need yarn for the cowls, so that'll have to wait until I get my money situation sorted. The snowflakes I have to dig up suitable patterns for and then get a coworker to explain crochet patterns (it's frustrating to be able to *do* the stitches, and not know how to read a pattern). I've already started the hat. It's from a baby pattern, so I'm not sure I've got the right number of stitches for an adult hat. I do have to frog what I've done and start over, I have to adjust the number of rows so it's more to scale for an adult. And somehow I managed to go from 96 sitches to 72 and I'm not sure how that happened because I certainly didn't decrease anywhere. The rivets/bobbles start out with one stitch and end with one, so I didn't lose anything there. I'm thinking I need to go up a set (102sts) and just try again. If I end up missing a whack of stitches I'll have to seek help. -.-

No comments:
Post a Comment