18.11.08

Gnargh.

Up to my elbows in knitting.

The viking hat is on hold for now, because I know it'll be easy to finish. I'm just about to the decreases, and I still need to go find outlandishly yellow yarn for the earflaps and braids. Lydia's snood is finished, which is good, and I'm working on my mother's gift but now that's on hold as well because I messed up and have to undo 5 rows. I just haven't got the strength for that right now. The good news is that even taking those out I'm on row 20 of 28 in the pattern, and it only needs to be repeated 2 and a half times more. I decided to do that in the alpaca I got, which is LOVELY and WARM, and I hope she likes it. *crosses fingers*

Right now I've started working on a SCARF. Well, a hooded scarf, with cables, because I've always wanted to do cables and goddamn is it cold out there. I'm weaving the ends in on my mittens today (at last- they've been done for weeks), and I'm very motivated to stay warm this winter. Because, BRR.

So, because I'm a risky person and have never actually knitted a gauge swatch before (yeah, yeah, I know), I'm off to knit one now for this scarf. I tested the pattern a bit to see if I could successfully cable without wanting to stab my eyes out, and now that I can (and have tested some theories in pattern deviation), I'm off to swatch to see if I need to adjust anything so that this sucker is warm enough to stand up to -40 plus windchill.

No comments: